The Constitution of The Polish American Arts Association (PAAA) exhorts our
organization “to support and promote the higher educational and scholastic
endeavors of our youth.” In accordance with this stated Mission, the Scholarship
Grant Committee announces the opening
of the 15th season of the PAAA Scholarship Grant Program. New applications will
be accepted through April 1, 2013 for a Scholarship Grant up to $3,000. Winners
will be notified by the end of May, 2013 and will receive the grant at the PAAA
General Membersip Meeting held in June of the same year.
- Applicant must be an American Citizen, either by birth or
- Applicant must be of Polish or Polish-American heritage.
- Applicant must be resident of Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia, or
be a student at an institution in one these jurisdictions.
- Applicant must be a full time college student, currently enrolled at an
accredited college/university in the United States.
Factors for Consideration:
- Academic and scholastic performance and achievements.
- Volunteer involvement in the Community and Polish-American culture.
- Significant and potential contributions to Arts, Culture, Sciences, or
- Career goals and how the PAAA Scholarship Grant would advance these
- Financial need.
- Submission of complete Application Package no later than April 1, 2013.
Please submit the following Application Package:
- Official copy of High School and College transcript with the current
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member under whom you studied.
- A 600-1000 word essay defining your career goals and how the PAAA Grant
might help you advance them. Examples of your work may be enclosed, but will
not be returned.
- Recent wallet-sized photo or .jpg head shot for PAAA publicity.
- Application with non-refundable check for $20 fee payable to the PAAA
- Sketch of family tree demonstrating Polish heritage.
Application materials may be sent via hard copy or electronic media to PAAA
Scholarship Chair by April 1, 2013.
Send hard copy and checks to:
PAAA Scholarship Chair
Wanda O’Brien-Trefil, Ph.D.
9413 Old Reserve Way
Fairfax, VA 22031
Send electronically to:
Questions can be sent to the above email address.